Thank you for being actively involved in uniting our community and resisting hate. I am thankful for the opportunity to advocate at the Capitol, and I could not do it without you. Last Wednesday, we gathered for a Coffee and Kulan in Cedar-Riverside to learn about how our legal rights and relationships with neighbors can be utilized further advance unity and justice. If you weren’t able to make it, check out our event recap and plans for next steps here.
- Since our last newsletter, I had opportunity to listen and learn from students at MCTC and inmates at Lino Lakes Prison. Thank you for sharing your stories with me.
- My team holds office hours every Friday from 10am-6pm at 504 Cedar Ave S. Please email Camille at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- Find the bills I have chief authored here and co-authored here. For specific legislative updates, please subscribe to my capitol listserv here.
- TONIGHT! Women for Political Change is hosting a Forum for University of Minnesota students to hear from candidates for President and Vice President of the Minnesota Student Association. 7:00–9:00pm, Room 10 Blegen Hall. Submit a question for candidates here.
- Understanding our Immigration System Community Forum: Join the office of Congressman Keith Ellison for an overview of the ins and outs of the US Immigration System, and get connected to staff that handles immigration casework. This Wednesday, 6:00-7:30pm, Minneapolis Urban League - Lower Level.
- Reparations and SURJ MN: A community discussion with Showing Up for Racial Justice on reparations and what the role will be for white people, settlers and people with class privilege in the process of reparations. 6:00-8:30pm, First Universalist Church of Minneapolis.
- Immigration Legal Clinic: The Brian Coyle Center hosts drop-in Immigration Legal Clinics every Wednesday from 12:30-2:00pm.
- Give resources to the Greater Minnesota Freedom Coalition, an inclusive group of immigrants, refugees and allies working together to foster safer and more sustainable communities for all throughout rural Minnesota.